Falls & Co. is looking for an experienced brand strategist to lead brand initiatives for a growing portfolio of B2B and B2C clients. Reporting to the Vice President, Integrated Strategy and working alongside our market research and creative teams, the ideal candidate has a passion for studying, building and managing meaning to create authentic, ownable, culturally-relevant brands.
Falls & Co. is a rapidly growing strategic advertising, communications, digital and marketing firm that crafts world-class marketing solutions based on research-driven insight and seasoned expertise for clients locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Leads stakeholder interviews to quickly identify and articulate company culture, values and differentiators
- Understands client business metrics, platforms, audience segments, and how brand can drive business results
- Analyzes client and competitor content, creative and experiences across audience touchpoints to identify opportunities to reinforce and differentiate the brand.
- Informs research to determine brand awareness, consideration and perception; helps analyze and interpret results.
- Assesses current marketing strategies, customer profiles, competitive landscapes, industry trends, and market share in order to develop a strong sense of strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve brand awareness and positioning.
- Creates strategic briefs to direct creative and content teams on the development of brand assets and creative assets that deliver against the strategy.
- Manages briefing and brainstorming/collaboration processes with creative teams
- Collaborates on and directs brand and product/service message hierarchies, style guides, brand personality, promise and voice principles
- Evaluates creative to determine alignment with and delivery against the brand strategy.
- Counsels clients on how to introduce new products/services, acquired companies and brand extensions into existing brand architecture.
- Develops naming strategies and provides naming recommendations
- Designs and recommends experience changes and new experiences along the customer journey that reinforce the brand.
Measurement and Reporting
- Coordinates with market research team to field brand tracker research
- Maintains knowledge of audience insights, market trends, and competitor activities to inform the evolution of our positioning and messaging
- Serves as subject matter expert on brands for agency teams and clients
- Develops and evolves replicable processes, frameworks and templates for brand assets and audits.
- Follows emerging trends and brand theory
- Participates in RFP and new business process
- Helps develop and revise statements of work
Key Deliverables and Expectations for this Position:
- Delivers tracking analysis and reports to support client campaigns, programs, and platforms.
- Works with teams to help optimize creative and recommend A/B marketing tests and solutions.
- Models projected return on investment based on historical data.
- Develops tracking and reporting requirements, particularly web analytics and social media.
- Collaborates and works well with others.
- Contributes to increasing the quality and sophistication of data, analytics, and CRM at the agency.
- 10+ years in brand strategy roles; mix of creative agency, consultancy and client-side experience is a plus
- B2B and B2C brand experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or related field; MBA or advanced marketing degree preferred
Interested candidates should send cover letter and confidential resume. No phone calls please!