The Sr. Account Manager is a member of our Advertising Account Management Department and is responsible for the development of ongoing business relationships from the prospect stage through existing account management. The Sr. Account Manager leads and manages a large piece of business and client engagements. The position is responsible for the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage solid client relationships of multi-million-dollar accounts and provide key strategic initiatives/thinking, accountable for account growth, client satisfaction, and retention through identifying client’s requirements and develop accountable marketing programs to deliver business results and developing and executing an engagement strategy in collaboration with the team and discipline leads.
- Interfaces with very high-level clients such as the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Marketing.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams.
- Plan all engagements including goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets by managing the workflow process with support from agency producers by prioritizing projects and resources and by working across accounts to and ensure that teams are staffed appropriately.
- Serve as a new business resource and actively pursue new revenue sources as well as participate in strategic development of new business such as RFP responses and proposal writing.
- Manage implementation of integrating offerings and tools and identify opportunities for cross-platform deals, when appropriate.
- Manage the Client Services team which includes providing adequate training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, resolving issues/problems, rotating staff, and providing salary recommendations.
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the department and agency.
- Proven negotiation skills experience, especially contract negotiations, with both clients and partners.
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience.
- Experience with communications and marketing via the Internet.
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies.
- Knowledge of quality assurance process.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations.
- Ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams of more than 30 people.
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism.
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of digital and interactive. How each digital and interactive element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
- Ability to use alternative analytical approaches to solve digital/interactive/marketing problems.
- 7 to 12 years in the Advertising/Marketing industry or related experience in developing interactive projects and managing large creative team and clients.
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with large clients or equivalent.
- Experience with various projects types, including creative, media, web, mobile, video, brand, content and strategic consulting.
- Proven track record of managing multi-million-dollar advertising/marketing accounts successfully.
- Possess the desire, understanding, ability and commitment to effectively translate firm’s core values into action
- Demonstrate behaviors that align with our core values.
- Continuously strive for improvement
- Communicate clearly and honestly
- Actively reinforce and support other
- Operate in a flexible and adaptive manner within a fast-paced firm environment.
- Demonstrate a consistent quality of work; organizational and attention to detail.abilities; effective project management, responsiveness to clients, basic conflict resolution skills and budget management.
- Listen, work, and communicate efficiently and effectively with colleagues, clients and all other firm contacts and partners
- Exhibit an eagerness to learn and accept new responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of a project and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Possess the desire and initiative to go above and beyond outlined job expectations to make impactful, positive contributions to teams and the firm
- Develop an understanding of time management related to your assignments; execute appropriately
- Track and enter daily time in a precise and timely manner
- Manage and prioritize assignments from internal staff on behalf of numerous clients; meet all deadlines
- Operate in a flexible and adaptive manner within a fast-paced firm environment
- Possess organizational and attention to detail abilities
- Comply with all policies, procedures, standards and firm rules and expectation
- Keep up to date with design industry news, topics, and latest trends
- Be curious and well informed about the world. Use your continuous learnings to smartly engage with others. Contribute to your surrounding environment in a thoughtful, meaningful manner.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and confidential resume. No phone calls please!
Falls & Co. operates on a hybrid work schedule (3 days in downtown Cleveland office/2 optional days WFH)